Thursday, November 16, 2006

Getting more readers to your blog

Like any blog owner, I often think about how I can get more readers. It's an ego thing, you know? If I have more readers, people must like reading what I write! (I know I like reading what I write, but maybe that's just me being full of myself.) I like to think that, if only people knew that my site existed, maybe they would become a regular visitor.

But how? Search engine marketing is one way. As involved as I am in online activities, I've never really looked that much into search engine optimization. It does require a lot of effort to become good at it, which is why it's so much easier to just hire a professional. Apogee is a big player in this field, and actively involved in SEMPO, an organization created to educate and foster awareness of search engine marketing and its role in marketing as a whole.

If you don't put yourself out there, no one will know you're there.

2 comments:

Steven said...

But readers are scary.

Especially when they become stalkers. ;)

Steve~

Geeky Dragon Girl said...

But without readers you'd be your only stalker. That sounds like a psychological condition to me.