Monday, January 08, 2007

Returning from a break

I took a little break from posting stuff here. I also took a little time off from the gym as well. I'm sure most people did. I start again today, but in the 1.5 weeks of very little physical activity, here's what I've noticed:

  • I get more pinched nerves in my back when I don't exercise. I used to randomly feel sharp pains in various locations due to pinched nerves. After going to the gym on a regular basis (with each visit lasting about an hour or more), I no longer experienced the pinched nerves.
  • After nearly two weeks on hiatus, I felt a pinched nerve again just this morning.
  • I feel more tired all the time.

I'm looking forward to renewing my gym routine. I'll feel better, and not just physically. There's the emotional pride that I'm making an effort to take care of myself. There's also the removal of that guilt of paying for membership and not going. Heh, any source of motivation to get your butt into the gym is a good one, right?

3 comments:

Geeky Dragon Girl said...

Are we going to the gym today? :P

Geeky Dragon Girl said...

...hey by the way, the girl on your blog looks like me. :)

Geeky Dragon Girl said...

Sure thing sweet-cakes! And of course the girl in the header looks like you. Why do you think I chose it? ;)