Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Giving saunas a try

I decided to give the sauna a chance, since it's so helpful for ridding your body of toxin build-up. I think I lasted about 10 minutes. I wish they had a thermometer in there so I could know how extreme the heat was, but it was slightly more bearable than last time. I would guess around 120 degrees or so, but I don't really know.

After getting out I felt woozy and had to sit down. My friend did too. I guess this is normal? Initial research about saunas and dizziness merely said if you feel dizzy to get out of the sauna immediately. I didn't feel dizzy until after I got out, so...?

After feeling well enough to walk, I then felt extremely tired. I felt like this wasn't normal at all, but then my friend said he always feels tired afterwards too. I later read that saunas help the blood vessels in your muscles dilate and increase blood flow, thus helping to clear out built-up toxins. The muscles are then able to relax, and I guess that's why you feel tired? Whatever the case is, I just wanted to take a nap. Zzzzzzzzzz...

1 comment:

janjan0000 said...

Unless you jump in a cold lake, in which case, see below.
LOL ...
Seriously though, they are perfect before bed. Yummy.
All this talk is making me miss them badly.