Friday, April 21, 2006

On a mission

Throughout my kid years, puberty and 20's, I was pretty much indestructible. I could eat all kinds of crap and have nothing to show for it. I had no thoughts for the future. I lived on Twinkies, cookies, frozen dinners, and microwave popcorn.

Since I'm no longer in my indestructible 20's, I've started thinking a lot about the future. A few random articles caught my eye and I started researching things. So many things have long-term effects. The food industry has been taking shortcuts for decades. Whatever made them more money would be what they would market. As much as they like to advertise that they have you in mind, the bottom line is they only have their profits in mind. I trust nothing that they say anymore.

But they've got big, big marketing budgets, so it's up to little folks like me to spread the truth. Make knowledge about good health easier to find. I see elderly folks who are stooped over and barely able to shuffle one foot in front of the other. I see others become disease-ridden and unhappy. I do not ever want to be that way. To that end I will do everything I can to avoid the slow, painful death of poor health.

No comments: