Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Daylight savings and jet lag

Daylight savings ends this month on October 29th. I personally wish they would just leave the time alone, but I am certainly looking forward to "falling back" an hour. I'm hating that it's dark now when I wake up in the morning. The sun is a natural alarm clock for your body. This is why one way to help with jet lag is to drag yourself out of bed in the morning and just sit outside for an hour. This helps to reset your body clock and tell your body that right now is supposed to be morning. It should be easier to get up the following morning.

I haven't tried this myself, but I've heard it works. Jet lag requires a person to travel, which I don't do much of, unfortunately. If anyone has tried this method, comment here and let me know how it works for you!

No comments: