Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Join the modern world already

When I'm standing in a grocery store line, I am forever annoyed at the people who are still fumbling with their checkbooks. In this electronic day and age, why are these people still using pen and paper? Have these people not heard of credit cards? Even if they don't have a credit card, debit cards are just as handy these days and work just as well as credit cards.

I personally hate to carry around more than $20 in cash. I usually have less. I can use cards practically anywhere, and it's so much more convenient than counting out the change. Besides, when used responsibly, credit cards actually help your credit history. They help when you're in a jam and don't have enough cash to get that car repair done. They're easy to cancel when they get stolen, unlike cash. Some places you can't even get service if you don't have a card! Why would you not have one?

So people, please quit annoying me by getting ahead of me in the grocery line and dragging out that damn checkbook. Join the modern world and use a card already.

No comments: