Monday, July 10, 2006

Diamonds

I was reading about legends behind the Hope diamond (a huge, rare, blue diamond). Apparently it was stolen from the statue of a Hindu goddess and it's been bad luck for all who have tried to benefit from it. The original thief was supposedly torn to pieces by wild dogs right after selling it. Eww. Creepy, if it's true.

I don't understand the whole hype about diamonds. Why are they worth so much? Because they're hard to find? Good restaurants are hard to find but I don't see people making such a big deal about it.

But I suppose if you need to get one, for whatever reason, you shouldn't pay full retail price. I'd pick a diamond jewelry store with discounted prices. And whatever you do, don't try to buy the Hope diamond from the museum it was donated to. I don't think you want that curse.

1 comment:

Diamond Engagement Rings said...

Excellently written article, if only all blogger offered the same level of content as you, the internet would be a much better place.

Hope diamond is the biggest diamond found till date!