Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Juice fasting did not help me at all

Wow I've been lazy. Looks like my last post was 3 years ago about starting a juice fast. As far as you could tell, I perhaps perished from such an endeavor. Luckily I survived, but let me tell you it was a bust, and it wasn't due to lack of willpower. I have amazing willpower when I put my mind to it. After a mere 3 days of juice fasting, I decided to reintroduce solid food back into my diet (my body didn't feel any different, and my significant other had already given up). I did it gradually as recommended so as not to shock my system. I didn't lose any weight (my weight is normal), nor did any of my skin afflictions get better. In fact, after going back to solid food, my skin rashes got worse! Nooooooo! It seems the tolerances I might have built up towards certain food sensitivities got removed. It was a horrifying discovery and I severely regretted trying the juice fast at all. I came to the following conclusions:
  • Juice fasting is helpful if you've been eating crap for a long time. In other words, it's great if you're fat, sick, or nearly dead.
  • If you're in good health and generally eat right, don't bother with any kind of fast.
  • If you have food sensitivities, juice fasting does NOT help, and you may suffer flareups afterwards.
  • If you're already a health nut, then simply add fresh juice to your diet. Don't give up solid food. It's not natural, and therefore not healthy.
If you're looking to get started with juicing and need a juicer recommendation, I like the one I'm using. It's called the Breville BJE200XL Compact Juice Fountain 700-Watt Juice Extractor. It's pretty fast, relatively easy to clean, and simple to assemble and take apart. I've been using it for about four or five years now, and it's still going strong. It's noisier than it used to be, but it still works well. It's a good middle-of-the-road juicer to get started with.

No comments: