Monday, September 04, 2006

Weddings are annoying

Weddings annoy me. I hate 'em. I don't care who's wedding it is, they are all annoying. If it's anything more than a civil ceremony in front of a judge, it's too much. Any event that has you blow thousands of dollars on one day is a waste. Yes it's a happy occasion, but with so much going on, there's just so much that can go wrong. Kids going nuts, bad weather, flowers wilting, caterers charging you different from the agreed-upon amount, guests getting lost, the list goes on and on. It's ridiculous. How can you be happy on your happy occasion when you're too busy stressing out?

Then there's all the crap with the gifts. Guests have to give the bride and groom gifts, then there's the bridesmaid gifts, and probably several others I don't even know about. Obligatory gifts suck. Gifts should be from the heart, not because you have to. But in the end, if the food is good and the ceremony short, I'm usually able to sit through the whole thing.

2 comments:

Robin said...

I went through the trouble of making a photoalbum for my friend filled out with fun stuff by all her friends. I guess like a memory book.

It took me months to even get it to her because she was too busy and then when I had a friend give it to her I never got a thanks of any kind.

Geeky Dragon Girl said...

Wow that's just rude for her to ignore such painstaking efforts! Some people just don't know how to be appreciative of anything.